The Operations Manager provides managerial leadership to supervisors and direction to the organization to meet customer goals and expectations in support of the company’s policies and General Manager’s objectives. This individual ensures productivity levels are reached in an effective and efficient manner maintains quality performance objectives and assists in cost control programs. Manages staffing and training issues and administers discipline.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements effective and efficient operation plans.
- Maintains and enhances relationship with the customer through daily contact, to ensure an open-line of communication.
- Promotes the maintenance of a quality system.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Manages and directs supervisors and employees.
- Conducts discipline and corrective action.
- Handles problem calls.
- Reviews all error investigation reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Manages and coordinates maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or related field is required. At least three (3) years experience in Logistics is required.
Certification and Licenses
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Experience with budgeting.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in demanding environments with tight deadlines.
Up to 10% travel may be required.