Are you an experienced Operations Leader who provides the best customer experience? We have a great opportunity for a candidate with logistics and/or transport experience to lead our team within the Logistics Control Centre in Birmingham.
You will have responsibility for putting the customer at the core of everything you and the team do, providing the best customer service experience, owning the operational aspects, driving customer related projects and leading a team of up to 5 people for one of Integrated Logistics’ largest customers, all the while, you’ll be ensuring that the movement of our customers’ goods are delivered on time and in full.
- Lead a team of up to 5 logistics experts for one of IL’s largest customers; ensuring KPI’s and performance levels are met and the team are trained to agreed performance standards, policies and procedures are adhered to and the team have the relevant tools and equipment to perform tasks.
- Work in close cooperation with Business Management to set up new and improve existing processes playing a key role during the implementation phase of new customer activities.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating clear ownership of the customer and their operational requirements within our Logistics Control Tower.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the customer and all relevant teams within the customer and with various internal stakeholders.
- Communicate with the customer on a regular basis any performance issues which have been escalated to the Logistics Control Centre (LCC). To resolve the immediate issue followed by a root cause analysis to ensure re-occurrence is avoided.
- Own overall operational processes, escalations and all other matters for your team and your customer, including escalation resolution, query handling and continuous improvement activities. Ensure delivery on time and in full is met and all relevant Management Information is provided to mitigate failures.
- Develop and drive strategies to increase productivity and support Value Add Initiatives as part of our continuous improvement commitment to the customer.
- Make operational decisions and where deviations occur ensure the cost impact and or additional costs are signed off by the customer.
- Awareness and understanding of Contracts, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), working Instructions (WI) and knowledge of and compliance with quality standards.
- Works in close and trustful cooperation with the Business Managers and all other involved departments (Business Support, Logistics Procurement, Freight Settlement, Quality Management).
Your Skills and Experiences
- Formal education in Transport and/or Logistics with a qualification in Logistics, either degree or CILT.
- Management experience in the Transport and/or Logistics sector, ideally with experience across all transport modes, a good understanding and knowledge of international Air logistics is preferable.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, highly customer focused with an ability to communicate effectively.
- Leadership experience in managing a variety of teams; able to understand the team dynamics and how to get the best out of your team constantly and consistently.
- Consumer Product Sector experience would be ideal as would an understanding of 3PL vs 4PL business models.
- Excellent communication skills, able to empathise, listen to and coach your team.
- Proficient MS Office Skills, use of Excel is a must – analytical skills and problem solving skills are also critical in this role.
- Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude and willing to travel if required.
- Resilient, able to cope with change and to work under pressure, especially in times where there are time-critical deadlines.
- This team works weekends on a global rota basis to cover 24/7 operations so there may be a need for weekend working on occasion (on a paid on call basis).
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.