Operational Performance & Quality Manager will action on standardization and continuous improvement activities for the facility. The Operational Performance & Quality Manager will analyze metrics, design, implement, monitor, and evaluate the processes performed in the facility in order to improve efficiency and improve the overall operational performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate processes to identify improvement potential and to ensure continuous improvement of the customer-focused end-to-end process
- Ensure process implementation of defined standard processes
- Monitor process performance to identify gaps and to develop corrective measures
- Ensure process design of the customer-focused end-to-end process to develop the most suitable processes achieve highest degree of standardization across the entire facility
- Develop an optimized end-to-end process flow including optimizing of interfaces and handovers
- Main point of contact for operational leaders in regard to operational performance and related initiatives (operational standardization, continuous improvement and operational management systems)
- Effectively report operational performance, including actions, results, and initiatives to/from customer, to/from sites
- Proactively engage with the leadership team for guidance on the execution of core site activities (site level trainings, KPIs, SOPs, site assessments and reporting).
- Advise on best practices and utilized reporting as a means to monitor and reinforce the effectiveness efficiency that labor planning optimization can provide.
- Drive workforce efficiency and savings by understanding the impacts operational issues have and communicate with the leadership team on how these issues impact overall efficiency planning, KPIs and ultimate savings to the P&L
- Partner with operational leaders to ensure operational performances disciplines are align with business and account strategies
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence.
- Manage, and guide the business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs in regards to process improvement methodology.
- Identify opportunities, define and financially justify projects, manage project activities, track project status and results.
- Integrate Continuous Improvement ideas as part of the process and drive teams towards standard work.
- Define requirements for operations and ensure the implementation of Continuous Improvement strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed business requirements and customer expectations
- Review logistics operations, documenting product and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams and reviewing order volume and storage volume data to support operational decisions.
- Maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and business processes
- Perform regular audits of the standard procedures.
- Provide quality data analysis to improve teams and processes on a timely basis.
- Manage and maintain quality alert programs.
- Provide & monitor training and certification to employees.
- Identify deficiencies in quality and raise awareness within the facility management team of areas for needed improvement.
- Collect and analyze performance data through reports and charts and measure against defined parameters.
- Supports the development of quality assurance strategies, processes, guidelines and control plans which assure quality and reliability of services provided to our customers.
- Support the warehouse teams with investigation into supplier / carrier related quality issues.
- Lead the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Investigate and address trends with internal and external non-conformances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position may supervise direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3- 5 years logistics industry experience (CL, 3PL or Supply Chain Management) is required
- Professional experience in business process management, including process improvement methodologies
- Lean Master Certifications Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred)
- Kaizen experience (preferred)
- Project management experience
- Strong Customer relationship skills
- Strong analytical, solution- and action-oriented thinking skills Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Advanced Excel skills to analyze and interpret complex performance data in a clear, concise format
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
- Provide proper guidance and coaching to teams in accordance to the QMS
- Organizational and Time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Email, and Internet, with demonstrable advanced skills in Excel
- Proficiency with Power BI, preferred and required within 90 days through Hellmann sponsored training, if not present
- Proficient written and verbal skills communication skills in English
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts in order to analyze statistical performance data
- Analytical ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of data and technical instructions and follow through on requests
- Ability to develop and implement KPI measurement tools
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stand, and walk
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods
- Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
- Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
- Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar to those of an office setting with various office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.