Rhenus Warehousing Solutions is looking for multiple Operational Leads to join our Operational Management team at Magna Park, Lutterworth.
As an Operational Lead, your role will involve effectively managing all operations related activities through a team of warehouse operatives. You will also need to ensure the day to day planning and running of the area within agreed KPI’s.
The role will report to Operations Manager.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 06:00-14:00/Monday to Friday, 14:00-22:00, 40 hours per week. Flexibility will be required to ensure that business needs are met.
- Liaise and build strong working relationships between all areas of the business.
- Promote the culture for ‘Staff Engagement’ and ‘Continuous Improvement’ to the expected standard.
- Planning, monitoring and organising staff to achieve day to day activities.
- Managing and following through customer queries.
- Report on daily and weekly planners.
- Ensure the activity log is up to date – will not be needed if reports are completed in a timely fashion.
- Responding to emails in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Resource planning to ensure the labour budget is achieved.
- Conduct employee related tasks such as Return to Work, investigations, holiday planning etc.
- Effective performance management of staff including providing timely and accurate performance indicators, co-coordinating activities to achieve KPI’s and giving continuous feedback to the team.
- Promote and adhere to Accident Reporting procedures, security procedures and Health and Safety procedures.
- Own the stock accuracy maintenance in your area though the related SOP’s and investigate/resolve the stock discrepancies in timely manner.
- Activity to support stock takes, when requested.
- Create and maintain a positive team culture and work ethic, encouraging involvement from all team members.
- Must be flexible with working hours to suit business needs during peak.
- Attend development or policy training as requested by the business.
- Liaise with HR on ER issues.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- Ability to set standards and motivate team members.
- Good working knowledge of a multi-user site in a computerised warehouse.
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- The ability to organise and prioritise a heavy workload.
- Computer literacy essential, IT Skills, including advanced Microsoft/Excel.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Accurate and reliable.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on their own.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.