The Director of Tender Management coordinates the entire tender process, from receiving an opportunity (RFQ/RFI/RFP) up to the final award by our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and takes ownership of the entire tender process from planning to result
- Works closely with the Commercial, Product Teams and all other internal stakeholders to translate a tender strategy into a tactical project plan.
- Oversees the coordination of this plan and takes ownership of those parts that fall under the OMT responsibility
- Supports the Customer Owner in the analysis of customers’ needs and all tender related processes outside the OMT area of responsibility (gatekeeper function)
- Ensures that Tender reporting tool and dashboard are maintained correctly
- Drives continuous improvement through a strong tender follow-up with all stakeholders within the tender management process
- Manage the regional Tender team, improving their performance, skills and experience
- Achieves both personal and team KPI’s in quantity and quality for all tenders assigned
- Takes ownership of the Tender Management Process for all tenders assigned
- Ensures on-time completion and in-full submission of Hellmann’s opportunity replies in near perfect quality
This position supervises full time employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience in various areas of freight forwarding (sales, operations, customer service etc.)
- Ability to lead the process of business requirements gathering and documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- A comprehensive understanding of the freight forwarding and logistics industry
- Highly analytical and can creatively translate complexity into clear instructions understood by all organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage a small team
- Excellent stakeholder management skills using influence to drive results from other functions
- Excellent written and oral English skills, and preferably at least one other language
- Has a strong understanding and practical know-how of coordinating various independent stakeholders under a tight deadline
- Demonstrates professional project management experience in an international environment
- Advanced level MS Office and business applications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stand, and walk
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods
- Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
- Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
- Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
The work environment characteristics are similar of those of an office setting with various office equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.