Responsibilities of the position include
- Coordinates ocean import/export shipments with origins, shippers, truckers and steamship lines.
- Sets up bookings, arranges delivery for inland transportation and follows up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations.
- Converts and verifies shipment weights and volumes. Calculates rates with ability to convert pricing and rates
- Responsible for audit compliance with FMC regulations and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports local sales efforts with timely responses to rate requests.
- Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other DACHSER offices.
Requirements of the position include
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ocean import/export at a freight forwarding company.
- Strong knowledge and experience with contract interpretation.
- Ability to negotiate rates with steamship lines.
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanour, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Phoenix