DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centres. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ocean Import Supervisor who will be responsible for the end to end performance and profitability of the local Ocean Freight Import product team which includes Operations and Customer Service. This role drives performance of the team while ensuring quality and regulatory compliance.
- Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks to direct and control activities performed to effectively manage the end to end Ocean Freight Import processes
- Serves as the escalation contact for customer’s Ocean Freight Import shipments; responsible for the financial aspects and results; sets, communicates, and drives KPIs to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer shipments and staff
- Collaborate with internal customers (Brokerage, Gateway, Trucking, and Handling etc.) for seamless customer service and improve process flows; engage with sales to grow business by participating in sales meetings and customer calls
- Review and manage month end reports, review P/L, open Accounts Payables Accounts Receivables; escalates carrier performance issues when required with the US Ocean Freight Product team
- Supervises staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff. Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
- Customer Report management, production oversight, and distribution
- Produce and present KPI PowerPoint slides for customer monthly and quarterly business review meetings
Skills / Requirements
- 4+ years’ experience of Ocean Freight Forwarding, Import experience preferred
- 1+ years’ supervisory/leadership experience strongly preferred
- BA/BS preferred
- Hazmat / Dangerous Goods working experience required, certification a plus
- CargoWise software experience a plus
- Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPIs, employee engagement / team building.
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.