Position Description Summary
- Responsible for providing high level of support and supervision to ocean import department by managing the daily activities of the ocean import team.
- Ensure outstanding service to ocean import team by training, coaching and managing associates within team, overseeing workflow and work prioritization and by communicating directly with team
- Resolve workflow and special processing issues by maximizing productivity and resource allocation and by analysing problems and communicating ideas and solutions to other supervisors and managers
- Ensure regulatory compliance by administering company policies and procedures and by establishing audit procedures
- Keep internal and external customers updated in regards to the arrival of shipments, any delays of their cargo, and when their shipments are available for pick up and/or delivery.
- Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
- Maintain close liaison with the U.S. Customs Service and other government agencies for various specialized U.S. Customs clearance requirements.
- Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Researching and resolving operational problems.
- Train new hires on departmental processes and procedures.
- Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed.
- The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is a supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Newark