- Creates/confirms transport order to ensure delivery of the shipment to the final customer
- Performs booking and booking optimization
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required Import documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, etc.) and then checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents
- Follows-up on shipment status in the Import/Export area; identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution
- Maintains excellent relationships with suppliers
- Is responsible for identifying performance issues of suppliers, and proposes solutions to improve/correct performance
- Performs IT systems related tasks to provide up to date information on shipment
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience with Ocean Imports required.
- Must be able to work, communicate, and resolve problems that arise in the movement of product into/out of the US
- Attention to detail and excellent oral and written skills required, some customer service experience desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ North Charleston