- Salary Offer up to £25,000
Main Purpose of the Role;
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor the position is responsible for liaising between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries. Handling ocean import or export freight forwarding operations efficiently from start to finish.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Manage all aspects of the Ocean freight import or export process
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
- Cover the export operations when required
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
To Be Considered:
- Proven experience of handling ocean import or export freight forwarding operations
- Strong customer service skills
- If this is of interest to you or know somebody suitable please contact me ASAP.
- Application email Muraad@headfordgroup.com