We have an exciting opportunity for an Ocean Import Operations Specialist to manage Ocean Import shipments for a group of customers. This position will be based at our Boston, MA location.
- Creates/confirms transport order to ensure delivery of the shipment to the final customer
- Performs booking and booking optimization
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required Import documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, etc.) and then checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents
- Follows-up on shipment status in the Import area; identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution
- Maintains excellent relationships with suppliers
- Is responsible for identifying performance issues of suppliers, and proposes solutions to improve/correct performance
- Performs IT systems related tasks to provide up to date information on shipment
Skills / Requirements:
- 2-4 years’ experience with ocean imports
- Strong Understanding of Ocean Import regulations and documents.
- Need to be able to work, communicate, and resolve problems that arise in the movement of product
into/out of the US
- Attention to detail and excellent oral and written skills required, some customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel