- Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks to direct and control activities performed to effectively manage the end to end Ocean Freight Import processes
- Serves as the escalation contact for customer’s Ocean Freight Import shipments; responsible for the financial aspects and results; sets, communicates, and drives KPIs to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer shipments and staff
- Collaborate with internal customers (Ocean Gateway, Trucking, and, Handling etc.) for seamless customer service and improve process flows; engage with sales to grow business by participating in sales meetings and customer calls
- Review and manage month end reports, review P/L, open Accounts Payables Accounts Receivables; escalates carrier performance issues when required with the US Ocean Freight Product team
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff.
- Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
Skills / Requirements
- 6+ years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry and ocean freight is required. Import experience is preferred
- 1+ years’ leadership experience in the freight forwarding industry is required
- Hazmat / DG experience is preferred
- 1+ years’ CargoWise software experience is preferred
- BA/BS preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPIs, employee engagement / team building.
- Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Newark