Expeditors International, with a worldwide presence of over 13.000 logistics specialists in more than 250 offices continue to expand. Our core services: Supply Chain Solutions, Transportation, Customs & Compliance, Distribution, Order and Risk Management. Our working conditions?
Streamlined structures, fast decision making processes, attractive and innovative workplaces, own training centers and great team spirit. We are looking for an Ocean Export Agent to join our Ocean team in Porto (OPO) office.
Scope of Position
- Support the manager where needed:
- Allocate workloads within team to ensure smooth operations during peak activity or staff absence.
- Be a guide for the team – mentor agents
- Assign training and follow-up development plans.
- Follow-up new hires training as per the company requirement standards.
- Periodically communicate department goals and expectations with team to ensure buy-in and accountability.
- Deliver best in class customer service to our customers at all times.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, pro-actively monitor
shipment in-transit and keep customer appraised with regards to arrival times, delays or transit issues and help to ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations at all times.
- Ensure all communications are professional, timely and appropriately handled using the
best medium, for both internal and external correspondence.
- Ensure all documentation is supplied in a timely manner to customer and/or broker for
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed and updated in the DLSOP.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Track and trace shipments as required. To ensure pro-active customer communication. (eg. booking deliveries in advance or notifying customers of delays, etc..)
2 years operational experience in Ocean Imports
Must be eligible to work in the UK
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.