If you’re eager to become part of a leading global supply chain logistics company that provides an array of services this job opportunity is for you! Our Ocean Import Agent 1 position is an entry level role that comes with a structured training and support framework that will help you accelerate your career growth and learn about logistics while working for an industry leader. Successful employees will be presented with opportunities for advancement and greater responsibilities to help support the company’s growth objectives.
An ideal candidate is someone that follows the values of Yusen
- Creative – strive to develop better ways of working – then act on them and share them with colleagues
- Committed – build relationships, show your dedication to qualify and get every detail right
- Connected – be open and transparent in the way you work and make sure you truly understand your customers’ challenges
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently handle freight shipments for the agent’s respective accounts including verifying system generated information with actual documents to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain files: enter file data, including but not limited to – opening the file, entering and updating online system with applicable data elements, billing each file -provide accurate job costing, issuing applicable forms and documents, and closing the file as per departmental guidelines.
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors. – notify arrival of shipments, distribute documentation, track movement of shipment from origin to destination which may involve arranging release and delivery at destination according to customer requirements. Issue delivery order to carrier, monitor timely delivery and obtain POD.
- If necessary, complete In-bond moves, included but not limited to: IT’s and Permit to Transfer.
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with policy standards.
- Ensure each file’s payables and receivables are completed and forwarded timely and as per customer requirements.
- Perform basic troubleshooting to overcome challenges including basic research of route causes as well as escalation and engagement of management to resolve the issue.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and requested.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma/GED is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous work experience in an office-based job or other fast paced position that includes good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must possess excellent data entry skills and an aspiration to develop customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Ability to learn the processes and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order placement to delivery of cargo at ultimate destination.
- Possess the ability to communicate professionally in writing and verbally with internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.) required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment including covering for co-workers during their absence preferred.
- Previous experience with business software such as an ERP, inventory system or other similar internal company database a plus.
- Ability to receive and understand direction from supervision and management
- Ability to work shifts of at least (8) hour, and occasionally longer, (5) days per week
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as required/ assigned.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports including MS Office.
- Review and analyse data and information regarding the assigned customers shipment or other relevant reports.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor various activities based on the different stages of the work process throughout the day.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Elk Grove Village