“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing exceptional customer service within the Ocean Import Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Operations/Industry Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Vendor Relations
- Procedure and Productivity Standards Adherence
- Accurate and Timely Billing
- Self Development
- Understand department process flow, looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 6 months experience in Ocean Import
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Attention to Detail
- Fluent in English
- Ocean Import Lead Agent, Supervisor and Manager
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program