- Salary Offer DOE
In our Company, we know that our people are the cornerstone of our continued success. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader to join us at our office based at the World Freight Terminal at Manchester Airport
About the role
The Ocean Freight Team Leader, through daily leadership and management of workflow, will support the team in ensuring a complete customer service to its clients, identify potential efficiency gains and implement processes to take advantage of them. The Customs Bureau Team Leader will also assist in the completion of any personnel tasks in the team.
What will I be doing?
- Assist with the interview & probation review process
- Motivate staff & keep a high level of morale within the team
- Ensure team is adequately covered between 08:00 & 17:30
- Support members of the team with issues from other departments / offices / suppliers / customers and escalate as necessary
- Tackle any staff issue that arises and raise with manager if necessary
- Train staff in all aspects of day-to-day tasks & identify any needs for further training
- Handle customer issues / disputes / complaints etc
- Make Supervisor aware of any issues that need escalating
- Monitor new customers to ensure they are implemented correctly
- Attend any customer meetings as necessary
- Identify additional areas / services we can sell to existing customers
- Ensure team is adequately staffed including an even balance of overtime if necessary
- Ensure team is up to date at all times
- Support team with day-to-day work during times of sickness / holiday etc
- Ensure action lists for all SCM customers are up to date at all times
- Ensure all accuracy in maintained by the team by completion and adaptation of checking where required.
- Ensure that Allport credit control procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all reports are completed on time for the clients
- Ensure all emails are responded to quickly by the team.
- Ensure any requests from the clients are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure company/divisional/office policy is passed on, understood and followed by the team at all times
- Investigate non-conformances against the team and take corrective and preventative measures as appropriate
- Identify procedural inadequacies & offer suggestions for improvements
- Ensure all deadlines are met, both internal & those defined by Customs
- Promote accurate use of Customs tariff within the team to both increase efficiency & Customer service levels
- Ensure all targets set for completion of customs entries are completed on the team
- Pass on learning’s from issues raised by customs audits
- Support & monitor the C18 / C285 process
- In depth knowledge of CNS, Destin8, CHIEF, Datafreight is preferable
- Understand Incoterms
- Understand profiles and rates
What are the requirements?
- You will have your GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- You will have excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Build good working relationships with work colleagues and our customers
- Excellent attention to detail, friendly and helpful nature
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to handle difficult situations.
- Strong PC Literacy including Word & Excel
- Looking for a future career and progression within a growing company
- Standard Office hours Monday to Friday, 37.5-hour week.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Company pension Scheme
- Death in Service scheme 3 x salary increasing to 6 x salary if join pension scheme
- Access to EAP scheme
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Range of voluntary benefits