We have an exciting opportunity for anOCEAN FREIGHT SPECIALISTresponsible for the movement of our customer’s ocean export shipments.
- Customer management. Communicate with customer and attend logistic needs related to Ocean Freight Cargo Forwarding Services. Including but not limited, to document revision, logistic coordination, visibility and reporting.
- Communicates regularly with customer in regards to customer’s shipment status as well as continuous communication with overseas to meet delivery commitments; follow-up with airline to monitor and track departure and arrival information and updates
- Collaborate with different departments and establish monitoring processes, where applicable, to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance.
- Support on efficient billing processes.Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately and in a timeframe consistent with company policy.
- Work with destination Station to manage/recover from service deviations.
- Completes coordination between all applicable parties for all air export shipments for our customers; ensures timely bookings with airline on customer behalf
- Effective time management with problem solving and decision making skills
- Multiple task skilled requited
Skills / Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish-ability to interface with all levels of the organization specific strength in influencing division makers.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to indecently solve ambiguous problems.
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation
- 3+ years of experience in advanced Excel and 2+ year of experience with reporting tools
- Minimum 3 years in an Ocean freight related position experience
- Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus