- Responsible for the management and the implementation of strategic projects assigned by the Regional Head of Process and Optimization.
- Enabling unit cost reduction through reducing cycle times, reducing Operating Expenses, centralizing processes to reap economies of scale and to reduce Personnel Expense Driving process standardization and quality.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Utilizing Global standard tools, work closely with the Global P&S team to define and improve process standards that enable quality, efficiency, and economies of scale as well as compliance with global and local regulations relevant for Air/Ocean operations.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity across the Air/Ocean commercial and operational functions (incl. supervisor level), for example by systematically applying Business Process Management methods and tools
- Work with countries to identify optimization requirements and opportunities
- Work with Global and other Regions to advise, align, and prioritize opportunities
- Drive implementation activities into countries (processes and tools)
- Own business cases for implementation and value realization across the Region
- Promote and support a culture and discipline of Continuous Improvement
- Coach and support Country Ocean P&S Managers as required
- Supervise proactively all regional ocean operational and process excellence related projects regarding resource planning, skills management, problem resolution and communication on progress and issues to regional management
Deliverables & Achievable
- Support portfolio management of programs / projects from business perspective regarding overall harmonization of the program / project deliverables, description of scope, objectives, benefits, prerequisites and dependencies and project controlling / benefit tracking (Project Management Office)
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas
- Documentation of project initiation, deliverables, project plans and benefits tracking (milestone achievement, productivity, cost savings)
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills
- Minimum 3 years Ocean Freight Forwarding experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Business proficient English
- Project management and change management skills
- Solid knowledge of Ocean Freight Operational processes to understand the impact of data and analytics
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities
- Cross-functional and multinational experience is preferred
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD