This is a rare opportunity to help develop and lead a new Ocean Freight service which is able to draw on the company’s 23 years’ experience and its exceptional reputation for customer service.
We are an established freight forwarder who are proven in the European Road Freight and Customs sector and are looking to offer Ocean services to existing as well as new clients. We are energetic, positive with fresh and forward-thinking leadership offering a good working environment and growth potential for its staff.
A knowledgeable operational support team with further budget allocation will be created from internal and external resources. This will ensure customers receive outstanding customer service and all the support they will need from their forwarding partner.
There are genuine chances to grow in this pro-active, relaxed and professional organization. The successful candidate will have ample opportunities to assist and influence the shape and direction of the new department to help create and build personal and company success.
The Ocean Freight manager role is the lynchpin for our next commercial endeavour to offer existing and new clients. Your role is to help develop the department and help create new business opportunities together with the sales team.
Your knowledge and pricing expertise working with suppliers and customers will become the foundation of the service. Embracing our mission to bring an effective, high-quality service to the Ocean & Air sector, we’ll make sure you are supported and rewarded well for your hard work.
- Negotiating rates with suppliers
- Pricing & converting leads and quotes
- Developing products & new trade routes
- Building relations with key suppliers & optimise rate structure
- Working with customers to promote the Ocean service
- Customer onboarding
- Collaborating with colleagues to win new business
- Developing global network to secure business
- Working with CRM system
- Import / Export %
- FCL / LCL %
- Countries: Far East / USA / Australia / Other
- Commodities: FMCG, Event, Foodstuffs, etc
- Software system: CHIEF / DESTIN8 / CNS
Helpful but not essential
- Commercial experience
- Management of staff
- Customs entry knowledge
- European Road Freight knowledge
- International trade
Skills & Experience
- In-depth operations management experience
- Creating client proposals and quotations
- Working with shipping lines, hauliers and other suppliers
- Microsoft package – word, excel, powerpoint, etc
- Working with CRM
- Valid Driving licence
- Right to work in UK
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 20 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) + Xmas rota
- Work-from-home options
- Key role in a new venture
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ GBP
- Job town/city ▵ Felixtowe