- Salary Offer £27,000
We are looking for someone with a couple of years’ experience doing sea freight import operations. Knowledge customs clearance/entries preferable and use of Cargo wise would be good, but not essential. Training will be given.
Aim of the Position:
- Optimal handling of shipments in the field of Ocean freight Import in accordance with our quality standards.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- To handle the import of goods in an efficient and competent manor on behalf of our clients.
- Independent handling of shipments in the role of Ocean freight Imports in accordance with our quality standards (among other things documentation, booking, shipment control, transport insurance, accounting and customs handling)
- Customer support in conjunction with our Sales Department including occasional client visits when required
- Handling of complaints in line with BIFA Terms and Conditions including correct KPI recording
- Communication with our UK, Overseas offices and agents
- Checking of job file reporting, accuracy and profitability
- Focus on ensuring most cost effective service solutions are being utilised without risk to service levels
Benefits and Perks
In addition to the standard pension obligations, we also offer an additional salary input benefit after two years employment for further contribution into the candidates own private pension scheme.
The holiday package starts at a standard 20days + Bank Holidays, it is something the candidate can build on once certain service milestones are reached. We offer gift cards for our most dedicated employees.
Hours and Travel
Hours are contracted at 37.5hrs per week and the position is immediately available. Our office is based in Regus Building on Manchester Business Park.
Our office is based in the Regus Building on Manchester Business Park overlooking Manchester Airport. Located near motorway, rail and Metrolink networks for easy commute
Dedicated to the team we want our employees to feel at home in our corporate community. A positive attitude toward their work, colleagues, and customers forms the basis for a corporate culture that thrives on openness, respect, and mutual support. By offering a wide range of sporting and community events, we create a framework that helps this culture grow even stronger.
Our experience shows that one’s own well-being and the well-being of others go hand in hand. Therefore, our responsibility toward our employees does not end at the company gates. We are always there for each other and take our social and societal responsibility as a business seriously. We consider corporate social responsibility to be about much more than our own image. In other words: We have understood what is important as an employer in the 21st century