DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor in our Ocean Export Department to run day to day operation and lead/develop the team with the primary objective of delivering service excellence and identify/develop talent.
- Leads, coaches, motivates and develops OFR Team activities, process standards.
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop highly skilled teams
- Aligns customer service activities and initiatives to support Product objectives while driving customer satisfaction.
- Maintains an effective relationships with the customers in the area of responsibility; supporting sales efforts; reduction of churn and customer retention
- Liaises with the network (FS, KAMs, MNCs, CSI) to support and develop new business opportunities
- Responsible for the implementation (IMPAT) of new business
- Drives product achievement of CS and Operational KPIs
- Proven experience managing and driving Team productivity
- Run special product programs and collaborate with station initiatives (i.e. NPA, Compliance, GCCS, EOS, etc.)
- Propose and implement process improvement initiatives using FC methodology
Skills / Requirements:
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish is required
- 2+ years’ Ocean Export freight forwarding experience is required
- Leadership experience is strongly preferred
- CargoWise system experience is preferred
- DG/Hazmat experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in business process improvement / project management initiatives
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- State of the art knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices
- Strategic thinking, self-directed, high energy and proactive working style
- BA/BS degree or experience in related discipline
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility