OIA Global Since its founding in 1988, OIA Global has grown into a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledge, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
SUMMARY : Primary duty is to review and process export transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. This position will work with both ocean and air exports. Duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and invoice processing. The Export Agent performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government export/transportation regulations. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, documentation and billing
- Process data through the Company’s system, and submit shipment information to various government agencies as required
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments
- Process bills of lading for outgoing shipments
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association and, Code of Federal Regulations
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, and selecting transportation companies to use
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
- A high level of energy and a “can-do” positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Familiarity with CargoWise’s Enterprise system a plus