“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position
We are seeking to hire two to three motivated logistics professionals with a minimum of one year of experience in the fast paced world of logistics. You would be applying for a position within our Los Angeles Ocean Export operations team located in Hawthorne, California.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating pickups
- Managing vendors within our supply chain
- Allocating space within network
- Coordinating, logging and processing cargo in our weekly consolidations
- Updating shipments within our system
- Accurate accounting and invoicing
- Training and maintain your own desk
- College Degree or equivalent
- Logistics Industry Experience minimum 1 year , Ocean Export shipping experience a plus.
- Ability to fluently read and write in English
- Availability to work M-F between 0800-1700
- Must be able to pass background check
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide a positive customers experience a must.
- Proven ability to work well with international coworkers at all levels
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task in a fast moving environment
- General experience with Outlook, Excel and Word
- Lead Agent, Supervisor and Manager
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program