- Salary offer ▵ Circa $45,000 - $60,000
Ocean Export Coordinator in Houston, TX
Salary: Circa $45,000 – $60,000
As an Ocean Export Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
The primary duty of an Ocean Export Coordinator is to review and process Ocean Export transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Serves as the primary contact for all parties concerning assigned account contracts. Performs all duties correctly, cost-efficiently, and according to Company standards, using the regular exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
As an Ocean Export Coordinator, your duties will be:
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties, and monitor quality of service produced by the team. Establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent client’s export processes.
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, billing, classifications, processing data through the Company’s system, and obtaining consular releases and other government agency release as appropriate.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Review and monitor all Shipper Export Declaration rejections, requests for information from client and any government agency, and other correspondence.
- Communicate changes of US and foreign shipping regulations and procedures to client.
- Communicate with client, co-workers and third parties in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner by monitoring team performance against Company and client standards.
- Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the export process.
As an Ocean Export Coordinator, your required skills will be:
- Experience with Descartes a definite plus
- 2 – 3 years of Ocean Export experience, also a plus.
- Past customer service experience is required, as work entails extensive phone contract with carriers and other parties concerning the Ocean export process.
- Very good written communication skills to compose complex letters regarding export problems and proposed resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports.
- The ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- Excellent analytical skills to recognize, prevent and resolve problem situations. Math skills to be able to provide timely estimates to customers, along with knowledge of formulas with regard to converting both currency and dimensions.
- The ability to analyze complex details to resolve complex shipping issues for the client.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel) etc. in order to generate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
Thank you for your interest, if you think this opportunity as an Ocean Export Coordinator is for you, please click apply below.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD