Yusen Logistics, USA
Ocean Export Agent – Romulus – USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take booking requests, ensure bookings are made at current and accurate rates, consolidate and route shipments based on local office procedures.
- Communicate with carriers, origin and destination locations regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery processes.
- Monitor and manage shipments until completion. Keep customers appraised to the export details of transactions in accordance with local office export operation procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of export documentation – review and verify documentation and obtain any missing documentation from the customer.
- Build relationships with all customers, other offices, overseas agents and service providers
- Review standard operating procedures to ensure compliance, TSA, Quality Assurance Standards, TAPA, and IMDG.
- May be responsible for special shipments involving perishables (live animals, cherries, etc.) and/or be in charge of special accounts.
- Report anomalies in operations and new customer requirements to management for decisions on additional service requirements
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma and or GED
- Prior work experience in logistics/freight forwarding industry NOT required.
- Basic to intermediate experience using Windows operating system and Microsoft software applications is required
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Be able to present one’s self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be comfortable working with Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook)
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Romulus