The Ocean Business Development Manager, is a hunter role to expand Schenker’s ocean business. The incumbent will have a primary ocean product focus, he/she is expected to market all of Schenker’s International Services to potential and existing clients. The Ocean Business Development Manager must also be committed to exceeding client expectations while respecting company policies.
Tasks & Responsibilities
New Business Development Planning and Development
- Primary focus on prospecting (30-40% of time) converting and closing new business opportunities
- Establishes strong evolving prospecting plan; continuously identifies potential clients using knowledge of the market, electronic databases, industry trade associations, trade shows, networking events, and consults other sources of information.
- Prepare action plans
- Identifies decision makers at target clients
- Maintains a good understanding of client business segment, client’s supply chain and of solutions proposed by the competition.
- Identifies and analyzes customer needs and develops solutions adapted to client expectations
- Negotiates prices and conditions based on the type of service offering; proposes complementary services.
- Obtains a service agreement/contract Account Retention Follow-up and portfolio maintenance
- Maintains regular contact with clients and provides critical client feedback to customer management
- Anticipates evolution of customer demands and translate those into service offerings.
- Responsible for ongoing, continuous customer relationship development with attendance at industry networking events, and hosting of customer entertainment meetings
- Collaborates with Schenker’s Business Development and Product Management Teams in developing innovative value propositions and customer solutions
- Gathers and shares with Schenker staff, verbally or in written form, pertinent market information and data on existing and prospective clients as well as on emerging industry trends and competitor activities
- This is an intermediate level position
- Solid interpersonal and analytical skills required
- 3-5 years of relevant sales experience preferred
- Ability to close accounts on ongoing basis
- Ability to disqualify incompatible prospects as soon as possible
- Ability to close net new business by driving value and solutions
- Able to navigate objections and close
- Ability to establish trust through knowledge of market, customer, Schenker services, and available solutions
- Present persuasively
- Degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Concrete business examples of sales accomplishments
- Plans work and measures performance
- Business Community involvement.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Microsoft Office & Ability to learn and use other applications
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dallas