- Salary Offer DOE
We are currently working with our client for an Export Operator, Miami, FL.
Your role as an Export Operations Coordinator would be responsible for performing all export operations and export customer service duties to process the documentation necessary for export freight.
Duties & Functions
- Coordinates with Agents and partners and ensure that all export shipments are properly documented.
- Sort, process and distribute all documentation for outgoing consolidations and direct shipments.
- Study various modes of transportation to ascertain the most efficient and timely movement of freight for forwarding and collection.
- Negotiate with trucking companies, airlines and shipping lines to obtain rates and guarantee of collection.
- Arrange local collections for customers when appropriate.
- Issue invoices to customers.
- Set up all necessary arrangements indicated on Advance Information for the smooth movement of export freight.
- Provide quotations in response to customers and internal requests including overseas partners.
- Perform customer service duties with correspondence to customers and overseas partners, e-mails fax, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of customer service policies and procedures to ensure that the service that is being provided is of the appropriate standard and level.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum requirement High School diploma or GED.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to use basic math skills to calculate freight, storage and other charges.
- Solid understanding of the international forwarding business for both Ocean & Air Exports.
- Knowledge of CargoWise an advantage