The National Compliance Manager, Export (NCM-E) role will deal heavily in areas involving U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS), the Directorate for Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), Customs & Border Protection (CBP), the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and other essential federal and state government agencies. The NCM-E will be responsible for coordinating the development, maintenance, implementation, and revision of policies and procedures and other documents for the operation of the organization’s export compliance program. Overall, the NCM-E will ensure that Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Inc. (Hellmann) meets and/or exceeds its obligations under the various governmental entities mentioned above. In the event a penalty or fine is assessed against Hellmann for violation of any rules or regulations promulgated by these entities, the NCM-E will be expected to mitigate any financial cost and implement a correction action plan to avoid future problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guidance and oversight over employees with access to the CBP’s Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- Ensure that Hellmann maintains compliance with country embargoes and the Specially Designated Nations List (SDN) and Denied Party Lists
- Establish and/or update an export compliance policy and programs that establishes standard operating procedures for complying with the various export regulations that impact our organization (e.g. CBP, BIS/EAR, TSA, BATFE).
- Become familiar and remain up to date with the numerous rules and regulations promulgated by TSA, BIS/EAR, OFAC, DDTC, CBP, BATFE and any other state or federal agency that would be pertinent to the NCM-E’s essential duties and responsibilities described herein.
- Plan, develop and implement an export compliance auditing process that allows Hellmann to identify issues before they occur. Good understanding of the BIS Export Management and Compliance Program (EMCP) and OFAC’s Framework for Compliance Commitment.
- Enforce compliance of administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations.
- Advise officials of proposed legislation that might affect the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to inspect various Hellmann facilities or to investigate as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with Legal and outside counsel on potential violations or risk mitigation
- Provide input for training of employees on export compliance
- Manage and monitor the Veroot system.
- Ensure all employees have the applicable TSA training.
- Ensure all employees have an STA number.
- Respond to Letters of Investigation from the TSA.
- Interact and interface with the TSA during inspections.
- Gather documents necessary to successful complete TSA inspections.
- Update IACMS whenever organizational changes occur.
- Manage a complete and accurate list of Authorized Representatives, their training, STAs and A/R security letters.
- Provide guidance to the field on TSA related issues on a daily basis.
- Provide the field with training on TSA topics and any changes that may occur.
- Make sure the field has a current TSA binder with all documents necessary to successful complete a TSA inspection.
- Apply for Hellmann’s TSA certificate renewal on a yearly basis.
- Apply for Hellmann’s TSA CCSF facility certificate as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of the Certified Cargo Screening Program to effectively collaborate with vendors and airline partners.
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms regulations)
- Extensive knowledge of rules and regulations for ITAR
- Extensive knowledge of regulations of USML commodities as listed in 22 CFR 121.1
- Understanding of current regulations affecting the international logistics industry. Including EAR, ITAR, OFAC regulations,TSA Regulations, AES, and ACE.
- Customs Brokerage Licensed Preferred, but not required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years’ Minimum work experience in a related industry and export compliance
- Must have a Bachelors or Associates Degree from a reputable College or University (majoring in International Trade or Business, Occupational Safety, Transportation or a related field is a plus).
- Ability to read, write and speak English in a business environment (Spanish a plus but not required).
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- The NCM-E must be a self-motivated person who has outstanding time management and database management skills.
- The NCM-E must be capable of conducting independent inspections and audits and to advise the company on projected risks to the company
- The NCM-E must have excellent documentation and writing skills
- Ability to work with other departments and people at all levels of the organization.
- The NCM-E must be able to communicate the rules and regulations in a clear and concise manner for those that must follow them.
- The NCM-E must be able to influence and persuade business partners on compliance issues
- Must be proficient with a keyboard using work processing programs such as Microsoft Word.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hand and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar of those of an office setting with various office equipment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.