What do we do?
Rhenus offers a great variety of different services: transport, transshipment and storage of goods and products as well as a comprising value-added services. Operating as part of a global group encompassing over 31,000 employees, you will have the opportunity to be part of a large family-owned group benefiting from a global network of diverse skills, services and resources.
Rhenus UK is experiencing an extended period of growth as a result of our continued business success and growth through acquisition. With locations spanning the UK the services we supply are vast from global air freight to local home delivery.
What we are looking for?
Our employees are at the heart of what we do and as Rhenus is geared toward nonstop growth. That opens up long-term prospects in a wide variety of functions-from logistics and project management to IT and finance and controlling.
Contributing your own ideas and solutions? That is your ticket to success in any of our business units. We love a problem-solving, no-fuss attitude, and we also encourage openness, fairness, teamwork and a collegial approach. Individual initiative and a can-do mindset are just as much a part of the Rhenus DNA as stability and farsightedness.
These are the qualities that keep us-and you-moving forward. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you are looking to take on, then please contact us to find out more.
You will work within a busy Air & Ocean department in a team, to receive, quote and handle air & Sea freight import and export consignments.
· Speaking to customers/agents on a daily basis.
· Receiving quotation enquiries for Air and Sea import and export.
· Answering Overseas agent e-mails.
· Dealing directly with Airlines & Shipping lines to procure best rates
· Quotation to customers
· Following up of customer quotations for feedback.
· Booking of airfreight & Sea consignments with the carriers – import and export
· Invoicing – sales and purchases.
· Any other duties commensurate with the position.
Key skills and experience
· Ideally experience in Air Export
· Must be able to complete / understand intricacies of Airfreight. MAWBs, HAWBs, etc.
· Experience of DG by Air preferred, but not essential as training courses can be booked.
· General knowledge of air ratios for quotation purposes.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Package – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Good team player
· Ability to work to strict deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
· Good organizational skills
· Flexible and adaptable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
- air export: 2 years (Preferred)