Job Title: Multi-Modal Imports Executive
Responsible to: Multi-Modal Imports Manager
Responsible for: Air & Ocean Freight – Import
Main Location: Manchester International Office Centre (MIOC), Styal Road, but the postholder may be required to visit other sites as appropriate for the satisfactory performance of their duties and responsibilities.
The Import Executive role is directly involved with all imported goods received into the country of destination. The principle function of the Import Freight Operations Executive is to arrange and manage the transportation cycle by air and ocean and to ensure all necessary paperwork is complete and legally acceptable to Customs to allow clearance and entry into the country of destination.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain charges and cargo release details from agents, airlines and shipping lines.
- Submit customs clearances using ICE
- Responsible for ensuring any payments due are made in advance of any shipment as required.
- You will process all payments and raise necessary paperwork for accounting purposes in line with company requirements.
- Arrange the release and transportation of goods received to cargo importers.
- Liaise daily with agents, partners, suppliers and clients to ensure the smooth and efficient discharge of their duties.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- You will be expected to negotiate terms and rates, so it is important that you have previous experience in this area and are numerate.
- You must also be familiar with industry standard computer programs and be able to operate standard systems pertinent to the job.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the post holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Company from time to time. Subject to adequate experience and/or training.
- To participate in the annual performance appraisal and objective setting scheme.
- To work in accordance with all company policies including Health and Safety, Employment, Staff, Quality and Environmental.
- It is important that during the employment with the Company and any time thereafter, that any information relating to the affairs of the Company is treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
- To have a detailed knowledge of and apply the company’s Business Plan in all aspects of development.
- Support the Business Development Team / Key Account Managers as necessary
- Good communication skills, as you’ll be liaising with a variety of people, clarity in communication, as problems could arise through inaccuracies
- Organisational and planning skills
- Teamwork, tact and good interpersonal skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Sound industry knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- industry: 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place