Are you known for your equipment operation skills and passionate about warehouse logistics and organization? Do you enjoy working in a clean and efficient warehouse environment? If so, we have an opportunity that would allow you to execute essential operational processes and contribute to delivering results in a safe and efficient warehouse operation.
What are you going to do?
- Develop and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times, such as working collaboratively, providing timely communication and instruction and assisting with operations as necessary.
- Execute various manual labour functions such as picking inventory, counting cargo, product and material and hand staging and loading goods; use manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack. Operate hand tools to close or open bales, build or tear down crates, and other containers or material; packaging can be advanced or non-standard.
- Coordinate receipt, storage, and distribution of materials, tools, equipment, and products within assigned area. Prepare and assemble orders, move materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other areas.
- Manage sorting and placement of materials or items on racks, shelves, pallets or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, product code and related characteristics; tend to be more more complex or in multiple cells or operations and fully trained.
- Potential opportunity to serve as a lead operator in less complex, smaller teams or standard operations. Assist with training and providing basic work instructions to new hires or transfers.
- Operate a forklift when required and is fully trained and operational; may not perform the most complex, heavy or oversized transports.
- Complete or verify appropriate forms, documents, labels and other information to ensure the accuracy of inventory, monitor and track material and successful receiving and/or delivery of goods; involves knowledge of several operations or varied goods and services.
- Identify potential operational or service concerns, notify appropriate co-workers and assist with resolving. Monitor various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, cleaning docks, proper storage of equipment, basic preventative maintenance and related tasks.
What are we looking for?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED; Typically at least two years of warehousing or related logistics experience, or successful completion of a rotation program.
- Credentials: Forklift Certification typically required in most operations within 3 to 6 months of hire; Valid state issued driver’s license preferred.
- Skills: Ability to operate hand and power tools, including hand truck, pallet jack, and related warehouse equipment; Basic proficiency in Internet, web-based and job specific software applications; Ability to become forklift certified, when required.
- Characteristics: Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs; Ability to perform in a team environment. Ability to read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Clayton