Leadership and Talent Management
- Outline employee role accountabilities and expectations; manage performance to ensure productivity, quality, efficiency, and service objectives are achieved
- Support the personal/professional development for assigned team. Coach and guide to improve performance and drive accountability. Provide timely feedback and problem-solving assistance via regular checkpoints and/or in response to situational needs. Understand development needs and create opportunities for experiences that support development needs
- Clearly communicate operations objectives and team/individual performance metrics
- Cascade communications on office, divisional and organizational initiatives to ensure employee’s understanding and alignment
- Employ strong change management tactics to drive desired behaviors and results.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to establish a pipeline, recruit, select, and onboard qualified and diverse talent
- Manage annual merit and equity programs for assigned team to align compensation with performance results
- Encourage employee feedback through formal and informal channels. Acknowledge and take action on feedback to drive a trusting culture of open two-way communication, inclusivity and continuous improvement
- May participate and/or lead annual budgeting process for operations team
Business and Execution Management/Operations Leadership
- Responsible for ensuring execution strategy is in line with business objectives
- Align resources to support efficiency and effectiveness goals.
- Establish a culture centered on quality, process, and efficiency to drive desired service levels at appropriate costs
- Continuously evaluate processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with peers and leadership to develop and implement operational strategies that deliver quality and where possible, remove friction and waste.
- Monitor team productivity and quality results and adjust as needed.
- Ensure service delivery standards are being achieved.
- Review KPI’s to identify opportunities to maximize or improve operational performance
- Ensure employee compliance to standard operating procedures and company policies
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders. As necessary, review service level metrics and keep internal partners apprised of operations results, initiatives, or changes
- Remain current on business needs and changes and customer and/or carrier expectations. Partner on business development opportunities, problem resolution and work together on continuous improvement. Ensure operations teams are well-informed of business expectations and well-positioned to deliver. Serve as an operations subject matter expert. Contribute to and/or participate in customer facing initiatives; business reviews and continuous improvement initiatives as needed
- Develop, maintain, and leverage internal relationships with operations peers that reinforces a culture of one team and enables the execution of high-quality service, ethical issue resolution, and process or service improvements. Share observations, feedback and ideas to operations leadership
- Leverage technology to improve efficiency; ensure an understanding of available tools and systems to advance work processes and automation. Work with operations leadership and internal stakeholders, including IT, to drive system changes to improve effectiveness and/or efficiency. Present suggestions or improvements to drive better performance
- Maintain a strong understanding of all C.H. Robinson product offerings and modes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years Global Forwarding operations experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading and managing teams
- Ability to travel, depending on position location
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous customer service experience
- Solid experience of C.H. Robinson’s services and operational processes
- Extensive experience working on projects and initiatives with individuals outside of peer group
- Experience or knowledge of operational excellence methodologies (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, CSCP, etc.)
- Knowledge of emerging technology and trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and influence others, set a positive example, and create a productive, positive environment
- Collaborative, adaptive leadership approach
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate an inspiring vision and engage and motivate a team to perform at their best
- Proficiency in financial and operational performance metrics with the ability to understand and communicate them
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Lead change and employs a continuous improvement approach to their work
- Proven track record for delivering process/continuous improvement and change management results
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects efficiently and effectively with superb attention to detail
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Medley