If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
The DSV Lead Logistics US Manager, Accounts is responsible for a large complex account and/ or a group of smaller accounts. They will have operational, relationship and P&L accountability for their account(s). The Manager, Accounts will manage a team with the primary goal of meeting and exceeding customer expectations, providing superior customer service and achieving service and savings goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and aligns customer’s expectations with deliverables defined in the project scope document(s).
- Delivers (implements and manages) targeted project savings and develops appropriate tools to monitor performance in a defensible, accurate manor.
- Accepts complete accountability for account P&L, customer savings and satisfaction.
- Achieves sufficient customer satisfaction to justify favorable reference and contract renewal.
- Assists Implementation Manager in account or project launches.
- Recruits and trains necessary on site management, logistics technicians and assistants.
- Identifies and quantifies potential supply chain improvements.
- Manages sometimes complex organizational issues involving customer’s various functional areas and multiple plant locations.
- Manages carrier relationships and assist in the contracting process.
- Presentation of MBR’s, QBR’s (quarterly business reviews) to the customer.
- Ability and flexibility to travel as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Management and development of direct reports
- Share department account goals with the team and maintain assessments planning and development
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, a related field, or experience in lieu of education.
- A minimum of 3 years substantial relevant experience in Account Management.
- A minimum of 1 years managing a multi-function/location team.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
- English (reading, writing and verbal)
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- General industry knowledge of common carrier contracts, freight payment and audit processes and supply chain engineering.
- Proven track record of account management. 3PL a plus.
- Ability to develop and manage remote teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and employee development skills — a “mentor”.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage and motivate all levels in the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the customer base and system capabilities is critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills that promote team building and associate development are required.
- Strong work ethic and patience
- Masters’ degree a plus.
- 7+ years of Account Management experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Travel percentage can be expected to be approximately 25%, but may vary based on the requirements of the business.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.