Accountable for supervising the daily operations of the Logistics Department including document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process inbound consolidations in a cost-efficient manner and within defined standards. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Provide responsible supervision and control for all department activities.
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Set up files for all documents and records relevant to the consolidation.
- Receive, review, and process inbound documentation for an assigned base of accounts.
- Provide written quotations as requested by customers.
- Ensure Customer Profile information is entered and updated in system.
- Manage pre-alerts daily to determine whether freight is arriving as expected.
- Follow-up with carriers to confirm arrival time, and notify customer of status.
- Ensure documents reach branch within one working day of freight arrival.
- Provide training and quality management activities to assigned staff
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Education & Certifications
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred; or an equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Minimum four years related experience.
- Minimum three years industry experience preferred.
- Minimum one year supervisory and/or lead experience required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers.
- PC literate.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Basic understanding of business financial principles including P & L’s, budgets, payroll, financial reporting and expense control.
- Ability to allocate work assignments and/or tasks responsibilities to others to maximize the organization’s and the individual’s effectiveness.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s action; developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance.
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Ability to model the organization’s vision and values and lead others.
- Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Effectively participates in and/or supervises department projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Read, analyze and interpret complex procedures or regulations and write correspondence and procedural documents.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: