The Logistics Specialist plays an integral part in providing our clients with the effective and efficient operational execution and management of all supply chain partners.
- Maintain knowledge of transportation routing in US and Canada
- Communicate with shippers and coordinate shipment availability and potential impact to timeline
- Maintain strong relationship with carriers nationwide, understand internal truckload carrier compliance requirements, develop and maintain positive carrier relationships
- Manage truckload carrier pick up and multi stop execution, tracking, and pricing
- Maintain knowledge of LTL carriers, their scope of services and coverage areas
- Understand carrier service capabilities, tariffs, and accessorials to properly price
- Select optimal shipment mode, service, carrier and routing to meet customer needs
- Manage customer order data exceptions, create loads in TMS, bill of ladings and load plans as needed
- Track shipments to ensure on time delivery
- Problem solve potential late deliveries and evaluate spending additional moneys to expedite, and escalate as necessary
- Proactively manage delays and exceptions and escalate to customer as needed
- Gather, organize, and report on any additional charges from carriers and/or to customers
- Run system reports
- Relationship building with customers by daily communication on any issues where they might need assistance.
- Manipulate large amounts of data accurately with tight deadlines in a high stress environment.
- Proactively seek new ideas for continuous improvement
- Associates degree, plus one or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Basic computer skills including experience utilizing Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to multitask while keeping a high accuracy rate in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate a curiosity, drive, and initiative to use data collection, analysis and other information gathering skills to determine areas where Yusen has opportunity to improve the product and its performance within its portfolio
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Jacksonville