“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The Transcon Operations agent is a dynamic role with a multitude of demands placed upon the individual from numerous sources and delivered in many forms. It is essential the Transcon Operations Agent maintains a well-organized desk and a key understanding of expectation in order to effectively prioritize said workload while coordinating with internal and external stake holders.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Manage daily workflow and life of shipments
- Enter data efficiently, accurately and timely for KPIs and finance
- Track and Trace outbound shipments
- Manage timely outbound routing.
- Manage on-time deliveries.
- Interact professionally and courteously with customers and co-workers.
- Contribute to maintaining good relationships with service providers.
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
- Understand department process flow, and look for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity.
- Remain proactive, flexible and helpful in managing change.
- Access and follow all current customers’ standard operating procedures.
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- Communicate timely and completely with the network.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
- Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Daily activities will be acted upon with a sense of urgency with the objective of timely execution and efficient execution of expectations. The Transcon Operations Agent will be driven by their attention to detail and their focus towards continual improvement
- Fully proficient with various software applications (MS Office: Word, Excel Powerpoint)
- 10-key by touch
- Displayed ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, suggest such opportunity to management and develop the procedure necessary to implement
- Functions efficiently in a high stress environment
- Willing to work overtime
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Brisbane