Provides support to production by maintaining high cycle count accuracy compared to the inventory control system. Interfaces with the Inventory Control Supervisor on carrying out the planning and forecasting of Inventory Control and to ensure compliance with corporate policy and customer efficiency requirements. Is required to ensure accurate inventory and maintain proper documentation to support the daily activities of production. This is a second shift opportunity, hours from 2 pm through 10:30 pm.
What are you going to be doing
- Maintain correctly balanced inventory levels on all supplied material.
- Provide quality and timely count accuracy so no to conflict the delivery of parts to the production floor to support the production schedules and customer requirements
- Responsible for the location and identification of products including addition to and deletion from physical inventory.
- Follow up with internal departments such as receiving, stocking, restocking, and shipping on inventory matters.
- Perform all other duties assigned including carrying out responsibilities, performing duties, using skills, and working in conditions necessary to perform all assigned tasks in support of the company
- Maintain a self-awareness to maximize efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Performs functions with or without direct supervision
What are we looking for?
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience: 6 months of experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution or manufacturing warehouse qualifies you for this opportunity. 6 months of experience in Inventory Control within any industry qualifies you for this opportunity. Additional experience in a distribution or manufacturing warehouse or Inventory Control is highly desired.
- Prior experience with PC’s in a Windows operating system, basic MS Office packages and web based applications is desired.
- Excellent math skills is desired.
- The ability to read, write and communicate in English. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Forklift certification to allow for operation of all material handling equipment in the distribution centre preferred.
- RF scanners, WMS, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, basic math skills.
- Material handling equipment – floor sweeper, stretch wrapper, workstation PC, Printers, RF guns, printers, label printers.
- Must identify and report problems in a timely manner.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to establish credibility across the organization and engage others to ensure the most effective supply chain solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to be constantly standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, driving equipment in a safe manner.
- High hand/finger dexterity skills to perform data insertion. Frequent use of Video Display Terminal (VDT), Keyboard, Mouse, and Bar code scanner
- Highly repetitive duties in a fast paced, high volume and dynamic environment.
- Possible overtime a few times per year per department need.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Plainfield