Who You Are
As a Logistics Sales Representative, you are knowledgeable in supply chain management and logistics sales. Your knowledge of the freight forwarding and 3PL industry is broad and you are excited and passionate about business development. You’re someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and always seeking new opportunities to lead sales initiatives. Most importantly, you’re results-driven and you take pride in exceeding your own goals as well as the team’s.
Your subject matter expertise revolves around selling in the following areas
- Air-Domestic, Import, Export, and Charter
- Ocean- Import and Export
- Customs Brokerage
- Ground – Full Truckload, Partial, Expedite and LTL
- Ancillary services related to the supply chain industry
As a member of our team, you will play a large role in our business development efforts. You will be expected to generate new business, maintain an established book of business and work within a team environment.
- Territory Management – You’re highly motivated and self-driven. Work independently to identify, develop and enhance sales opportunities in assigned territories. Generate and manage a detailed sales pipeline via CRM from prospect origination to valued long-term client. Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, cold calls, business meetings, email, and networking.
- Account Development – Demonstrate in-depth industry knowledge with the ability to identify, anticipate, understand and respond to client needs promptly. Utilize information to make relevant recommendations to win, maintain and develop client relationships.
- Generate Revenue – Manage a profitable book of business with a personal drive to exceed and set Revenue expectations monthly. Act instinctively to achieve objectives and provide efficient customer communication.
- Have Client Focus- Effectively manage urgent client and management requests in a timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers with a focus on relationship building and collaboration.
- Negotiate – Superior decision-making, problem-solving and negotiation skills. Creates effective proposals and be proficient in presenting and pricing client RFQ requests.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years International and Domestic logistics and cargo transportation sales experience required.
- Outside business-to-business sales experience highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Established presence in the marketplace preferred.
- Proven sales track record in business development.
- Must be willing to travel as required by the client and corporate needs.
- Some after hours or weekend work as required by client demands and/or seasonality typical to transportation.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and Outlook required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Grapevine