Position Description Summary
Responsible for supporting, collaborating, and coordinating with warehouse personnel, internal and external customers, and management in the movement of inbound and outbound freight while maintaining effective customer service and satisfaction
- Provide information to resolve customer shipment related problems
- Interact with management and warehouse personnel to establish service criteria and meet customer requirements
- Enter data and manage warehouse management system to update shipments and receipts
- Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process for inbound and outbound
- Reconcile driver pickup and delivery manifests
- Communicate with customers, co-workers, and other departments to facilitate the movement of freight and associated paperwork that may require special handling
- Follow up with customers and other departments to resolve problems and discrepancies
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
- Process regional requests/orders for customer to meet required SLA agreements
- Possess a DOT certification to assist with local customer support as needed
- Perform general warehouse duties to include shipping, receiving, inventory control, and machine operation The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. Working Environment: Assignment Complexity – Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Accountability – Apply job skills and applicable corporate policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks. Impact of Decisions – Errors detectable upon supervisory review. Limited impact on corporate operations and fiscal health. Working Relationships – Regularly interact with peers and management concerning matters of moderately complex scope and discretion. Scope – Work on problems moderately complex in scope. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is an intermediate level position.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Generally, prefer 2-4 years of logistics experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOT certification.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dallas