Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of a logistics operation to ensure consistent high level service quality and customer satisfaction, profitable, cost efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures, ISO standards and Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and other regulatory guidelines. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Lead, direct and manage a logistics operation to ensure that the staff executes on delivering consistent high quality level service and customer satisfaction; and achieves a profitable, cost efficient operations in compliance with company policies and procedures, ISO standards, Sarbanes Oxley requirements and other regulatory guidelines.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications and follow-up on all pending customer matters.
- Manage periodic process reviews for each client.
- Utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the customer, staff, or senior management.
- Maintain performance statistics and ensure accurate record keeping of all operational documents.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjust accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives.
- Prepare and analyze management and financial reports, budgets, expense reports and forecasts for department.
- Work with senior management to develop a business plan and goals for department.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all operations’ staff.
- Manage and oversee administrative functions to ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently, timely and meets all compliance requirements.
- Ensure safety methods, practices and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that freight is moved safely and in a timely manner utilizing appropriate equipment and tools.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by inspecting and scheduling maintenance and ensuring that all office and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and in safe working condition.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Train and certify new employees on all performance standards.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department and address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with CEVA personnel policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking and participation in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as needed.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience.
- Experienced in the management of logistics operations.
- Experienced in inventory management and reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Minimum four years industry experience.
- Experience with WMS and TMS applications.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Capable of communicating and interacting effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds and ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Knowledgeable of ISO guidelines, Sarbanes Oxley and other related government regulations and requirements.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a department (purchasing, budget preparations and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses).
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car and hospitality brands, including important offerings like pet insurance.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together.
It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (an almost limitless number of options) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.