Essential duties & responsibilities
- Process all customer orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer
orders, checking all orders for special requests and shipping paperwork.
- Coordinate special, last minute shipping requests with operation department, expediting any order as necessary.
- Prioritize customer orders according to scheduled pick up time or pier cutoff.
- Furnish shipping and tracking information as required.
Customer Interfacing Activities
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries concerning receipts, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Report customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Oversee all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files.
- Maintain a current and accurate DSV Work Instructions Manual, which details the processing requirements. Answer phone calls and operate various types of office machines and computers necessary to perform duties.
- Operate the computer terminal in a proficient manner.
- Enter and verify data regarding customer orders, shipments, receipts, adjustments, etc., in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure the accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents.
- Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Collect all documentation for inbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit.
- Comply with all DSV Work Instructions.
Other clerical duties, including providing backup support for other clerical positions, as directed by Management.
Minimum required qualifications
- High School
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- General office experience, including telephone techniques and computer skills in a customer service environment is required.
- Effective communication skills and skills in operating office machinery are necessary.
- Microsoft office package experience is recommended.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Streetsboro