DHL Global Forwarding (USA)
Logistics Coordinator – Chicago – USA
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage exception reports to identify service disruptions and execute recovery plans.
- Support the Sales team both truckload and in-house sales.
- Responsible for covering all assigned loads and updating the TMS system.
- Responsible for setting all required pickup and delivery appointments.
- Will be expected to learn and fully utilize the DHL Freight TMS system
- Effectively communicate with Carriers, and staff at shipping and receiving locations
- Service and maintain DHL Freight 3PL accounts
- Working knowledge of rates, rate fluctuations based on time of year by mode
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong Technical Capacity including TMS, Excel/Outlook/Word/etc.
- No supervisory responsibility
- Work Environment
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printer/scanner/fax.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 2 years in Transportation and Logistics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Dry Van, Flatbed, and Intermodal modes of transportation including the basic ancillary knowledge specific to each
- Extensive knowledge of industry tools such as DAT, ITS, PCM, Etc.
- Experience in warehouse operations is preferred
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Chicago