This position serves to develop business logistic services for a portfolio of customer accounts and is responsible to adequately respond to the customer’s total freight and logistics requirements. The individual will have complete oversight, autonomy, and authority to negotiate pricing and accept/decline business.
What will you enjoy doing
- Develop business with clients, accept/decline to negotiate pricing, rate competitiveness and assess service regularly.
- Monitor and assess customer portfolio, continually strengthening relationships with existing customers, and finding and developing new customers.
- Leverage brokerage pricing techniques and tools, and market awareness and knowledge to effectively secure business while building a customer portfolio.
- Able to assess risk and guard against unforeseen risk to the company and recommend solutions and counsel others.
- Ability & willingness to support carrier management duties as needed by the business.
- Responsible for attaining monthly individual goals which lead to meeting or exceeding branch AOP.
Qualifications, experience, skills, attributes
- BA in Business Management, Logistics or like discipline, or combination of education and logistics expertise, or customer service/sales experience.
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation, or like experience.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal), organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in negotiating, sales or broker experience.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
- Ability to promote a culture of trust and safety.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dallas