- Salary offer ▵ Up to £26,000 p/a
Due to increased global growth in the business, we are looking for three individuals to join our Euro Operations team as a Land Freight Operator within the Basildon Office. The role is dealing with the processing of consignments arriving to the U.K. by road from Europe. The role of a Land Freight Operator would suit someone who is keen to challenge themselves.
Salary Up to £26,000 per annum
Office Hours Monday – Friday 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours – [one-hour unpaid lunch] Saturday rota 1 in 4 approximately – Paid Overtime
With 70 years of history, our company has established best-practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
Still a family run company where people are treated as people, not numbers and considered for their value. With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility….
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare import documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with other offices in the UK, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
- Check shipping invoices & packing lists for accuracy.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- Contact delivery UK destinations to book in deliveries
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g., invoicing, filing, queries, claims, POD handling
Skills & Competency
- Previous experience as a Land Freight Operator or in a similar role preferable (experience in freight over one year)
- Quality organisational skills and ability to manage many tasks or projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritise own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate working administrative background
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
Along with 20 days annual leave + Public holidays and yearly pension review we offer the following benefits:
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
- After completing six months’ service, ALPI UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
Ease of Commute
- The company has its own free carpark with allocated company spaces (first come basis) and an adjacent public highway with limited parking restrictions.