- Salary offer ▵ Circa £35 - £48k Dependent on Experience + Bonus, Company Car and Pension
Main function of the job
This position forms part of the existing Operations team. It requires the jobholder to manage a proportion of the top 10 clients. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of each of the client requirements, calculating and negotiating AIR, ROAD and SEA spot quotations and managing the freight bookings from collection through to final delivery. To build relationships with the Existing clients both over the telephone and face to face and deliver a high standard of customer care at all times. To meet with key suppliers to maintain the most advantageous rates. To participate in the fortnightly operations management meeting and contribute to the overall efficiency of the business.
New modern 9000 sq ft office in St. Albans
The Fastnet team currently consists of 13 employees and has a Turnover of £6 Million. (Star Cargo plc employs 280 staff with a Turnover of £105 Million+).
MAIN PURPOSE & DUTIES OF ROLE
- Manage the day to day key client account requirements.
- Manage the day to day export and import bookings of Air, Road and Sea Freight jobs. (Primarily Sea Freight)
- Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
- Processing jobs through AZYRA freight forwarding software system.
- Customs entries using the NES system.
- Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
- Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base.
- Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
- Invoicing jobs on completion.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ideally Ocean freight forwarding experience.
- Excellent customer service or sales experience
- Confident communication skills
- European languages an advantage (but not essential)
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
- Quick thinker / problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
- Ability to work with and support a team