The Key Account Director is a senior-level account management role that is primarily responsible for developing and expanding business within key accounts. The Key Account Director has overall P&L responsibility for the account(s), collaborating closely with the Operations teams to ensure quality execution and high client service levels. The KAD plays a critical role in enabling DSV to become a Primary Logistics Partner (PLP) within these major accounts. The KAD has a high degree of autonomy to manage the account and is supported extensively by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive account strategy for expanding the range and quantity of services in account
- Expand our “wallet share”, in terms of logistics spend, within the target account(s)
- Work closely with clients to intimately understand their needs (pains)
- Work across DSV to create custom solutions that deliver value to clients
- Understand the buying process and identify all influences
- Develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with key decision makers at all levels within the account
- Understand client’s business (strategically, operationally, financially)
- Qualify and quantify potential growth opportunities
- Leverage company resources to assist in developing account
- Maximize cross-selling by providing strategic input to assist related accounts
- Communicate account development plans and status to CL operations and sales management
- Provide timely and accurate revenue and profitability forecasts
- Participate in the development of overall business planning
- Participate in the organization of client forums and related events
- Follow DSV’s solution selling process
- Own all aspects of account relationship, essentially acting as the primary point of contact for client
- Proactively manage account by constantly assessing changes to the business and impact to DSV
- Identity all potential risks and develop mitigation plan
- Escalate any unresolved issues or risks before they materially impact DSV
- Works to enhance the Sales / Operations relationship by building a productive and strategic business partnership that positively impacts the organization and demonstrates our “Client as One” values.
- Effectively manage any issues that do arise
- Develop relevant internal and external metrics to measure performance
- Develop processes that enhance the account management process
- Takes a strategic view of account management and provide leadership and guidance toward continuously improving DSV’s approach to strategic relationships
- Ensures all relationship management processes are followed.
- Able to effectively manage people and resources in a matrix organization.
- Effectively lead in a global environment where client business can span multiple continents.
- Maintain current knowledge of all aspects of the client’s business through constant updates to our client management system.
- Keep on top of industry vertical developments.
- Actively contribute to expanding our vertical knowledge.
- Contribute to developing the account management program and processes.
- Strong track record driving dramatic revenue growth.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills.
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership, people and process management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual/presentation communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills, esp. at the C-suite.
- Good listener.
- Politically adept- able to manoeuvre in large organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment — must work well across multiple units across the company.
- Both a team builder and a team player.
- Must work well under pressure as a self-starter, handling multiple tasks — ability to work across many accounts, projects, and/or issues and prioritize effectively.
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
- High Integrity
- Should possess strong proficiency with standard PC applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet) as well as using Salesforce Automation and Knowledge Management tools.
- Some knowledge of / exposure to industry specific WMS/TMS preferred.
Education / Experience
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university program; Advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- Prefer at least 10 years experience in successfully selling to global Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Should have experience managing a P&L, preferably $8M+.
- Should be both sales and operationally inclined – can sell as well as deliver.
- Should have significant Logistics industry knowledge and /or experience.
- Should be familiar with solution selling concepts and methodologies.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate Accounting skills required for P&L responsibilities and metrics analysis
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Fontana