Jockey International, Inc. is an American manufacturer, and retailer of underwear, sleepwear and sportswear for men, women, and children. The company is based in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Jockey is known for having invented the first men’s Y-Front brief in 1934. Jockey is a recognized trademark in 120 countries.
Currently seeking a Transportation Specialist-International to work on-site at a customer Distribution Centre in Mocksville, NC a Triad Community located between Winston-Salem and Statesville, NC.
This position will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all international transportation delivers on time with minimal cost to the client. You will also work with other Departments to ensure our customer’s routing guides are correctly followed to avoid charge backs and assist in the investigating of charge backs when they occur.
- Work closely with Corporate and Distribution Centre to communicate transportation requirements for customer routing guides. Identify potential issues and work with Shipping, Billing, and Account Services to find solutions. Also publish a routing letter for Billing Office to use when routing shipments.
- Partner with Corporate office, carrier and forwarders to ensure on time delivery of international shipments to the Distribution Centre at the best price possible.
- Secure pricing quoting
- Work with our third-party freight bill auditing and payment company to ensure all international invoices are being rated and G/L coded correctly. Identify any potential issues and find solutions to correct.
- File domestic claims on all lost, damaged, or short shipments where the client is responsible for freight charges. Keep a claims log, if any patterns of loss are noted, alert affected department to work together on fixing issue.
- Publish and maintain an international routing guide for the client’s worldwide vendors, work to make sure it is sent to all pertinent vendors. Also make sure the departments within the office have this guide for their reference as well.
- File international claims on all lost, damaged, or short shipments where the client is responsible for freight charges. Keep a claims log, if any patterns of loss are noted, alert affected department to work together on fixing issue.
- Work closely with CDC Receiving on all import transportation issues.
- Manage inbound container flow ensuring FIFO is followed to avoid per diem charges and limit chassis charges.
- Provide leadership to department in absence of Logistics Manager.
- High school degree or the equivalent required
- Knowledge of domestic shipping desired
- Basic knowledge of WMS software desired
- Working knowledge of distribution centre and logistic operations desired
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proven detail orientation and data accuracy
- Working knowledge of MS Office (excel, word, and outlook)
- Are able to work independently
- 2 years: International Freight and Transportation Experience or equivalent
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan with a generous matching contribution
- Start off with 2 Weeks Paid vacation(prorated) plus holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Adoption Assistance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.