- Salary offer ▵ £27k – £30k
We are looking to recruit an experienced, hard-working internal rates/customer services person to join our UK rates team. The position involves processing rate requests from our overseas agent’s network and UK sales team. The ideal candidate should have experience of working within the freight forwarding arena, in all modes of transport. The candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills with meticulous attention to detail. Knowledge of export/import processes and multimodal documentation requirements are an advantage. The suitable candidate will be a highly organised team player who thrives under pressure to deliver quality service to our clients. Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is essential.
Full training will be provided on using our in-house systems.
- Working within a team to process RFQ and tender requests through current and third party suppliers.
- Identifying best routes and rates available and communicating back through to our customers.
- Customer Credit checking.
- Liaising between sales and operations teams on potential and booked shipments to ensure a smooth hand over between rates and operations.
- Organising Air, Ocean, Road, Rail and Courier shipments.
- Maintaining and managing current KPI’s through monthly reporting procedures.
- Rate and service negotiations with service providers to ensure best routing/rating options.