- Salary Offer $65,000 - $80,000
Intermodal Director: Manage the operations of an intermodal drayage team. This includes one full time office staff member and 8 company drivers, tractors, and chassis.
My client are looking for someone that is:
Self Motivated, Hard Working, Professional, Growth Oriented, and a Team Player.
- Highly organized: A lot goes into this position. The director will have to manage his or her intermodal division comprehensively. A lot goes into managing drivers, the customer base, goals, tractors and chassis, paperwork, etc
- An expert working knowledge of intermodal within Chicago. The director will have to know the different rules for which chassis work with which boxes, which things terminate and go to which yards, detention times, hours of service rules etc
- A belief in the need for environmental consciousness in business.
- Detail oriented. The director will both enter in and approve a good deal of data.
- This position is responsible for the comprehensive management of a division.
- The safe and legal dispatching and planning for our drivers
- The maintenance of our fleet
- Overseeing the correct entering of data to turn loads into things ready for our accounting team to bill out
- Managing and helping to grow your office staff
- Quoting out moves for our customer base and potential new business