Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Air and Ocean Import Department.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a smooth and timely process flow regarding the air and ocean import freight.
- Accurate and timely data entry into the operational system.
- Track and Trace of all ocean import files and report the status/updates internally and to the customers.
- Ensure ocean import documents are timely sent to our customers.
- Ensure that customer’s freight are delivered on timely base and if customs clearance is needed this is done accurately and timely.
- To work from and understand our customized air and ocean import workflow & dashboard on daily base.
- Make sure to do the daily/weekly/monthly billing for customers and vendors accurate and timely.
- To be interactive and proactive with our customers regarding arranging their freight/shipments by
meeting their requirements and service standards.
- Consistently work on maintaining good understanding, communication and relationship with our Airlines, Shipping lines, suppliers and carriers.
- To make sure that we meet our internal and external compliance regulations /standards at all times and that this is according to our government regulations.
- Fully understand the ocean import process flow and be proactive involved in looking for best practices to improve the operational process to be more effective, efficient and productive.
- Be on top of updating all customers Standard Operating Procedures and making sure that these are in place and updated in our own system the Desk Level Standard Operational Process Data base (DLSOPs).
- To make sure that we meet our KPI standards in accordance with the company’s procedures/requirements.
- Timely response on emails from customers, suppliers, carriers and our internal network.
- Involve management accordingly in case of any escalations.
- Be a team player and have the ability to listen, comprehend and effectively communicate to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active and strong organizational skills.
- Great computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Hazardous Materials Certification is preferred.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Austin